Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Famous Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

My epic and very famous recipe has been in my family for more than 20 years. I think. I can't verify that. I suggest using a mixmaster or a very good standalone mixer. This can be done with a wooden spoon or whisk, but it is difficult. Yields a dozen muffins. I suggest doing a double batch.

You'll need:
1 1/2 cups Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
2-3 Very Ripe Bananas
1 Egg, well beaten
1/3 cup Oil
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
2. Mash bananas. Add sugar and oil, and beat well. 
3. Add egg and vanilla and continue beating.
4. Remove from beater, mix in baking soda, baking powder, and flour.
5. Mix in chocolate chips, until in the batter they're all about less than inch apart from each other.
6. Spoon into greased or muffin-cupped muffin tins.
7. Bake for 14-17 minutes or until dark-gold brown.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment